Saturday, 23 July 2016

The American Date +BEST Recipes of the Year



The last national cuisine date of the year. It's been a long year, but we really loved it! After the few recipes of the USA-date, I'm also sharing our favourite recipes and the ones we've already recreated. 

We were very excited about this last date, and I couldn't wait to prepare and try all these delicious things! Most of them were really easy to prepare, and most of the recipes are unnecessary, as everything depends on your taste!

The American Menu:

  • Maple Glazed Bacon Strips
  • Maple Glazed Bacon Wrapped Carrots
  • BBQ: Roasted Mushrooms and Spicy Chicken Breasts with Salad and Coca Cola BBQ Sauce
  • Red Velvet Cake




Maple Glazed Bacon
I've bought a bottle of maple syrup a few months ago, but I didn't know what to use it for, and I was sure I had to do something with it this time. I looked up recipes with maple syrup on pinterest, and I knew I had found the one! I both prepared maple glazed bacon strips and maple glazed bacon wrapped carrots, and I used this recipe. It.was.PERFECT. The bacon strips need less time to roast, so keep an eye on them.




The BBQ Party
I washed some mushrooms, and roasted them. That's it. Prepare a salad of your choice, or french fries if you like. I seasoned the chicken breasts with lots of hot and spicy things, like four kinds of pepper, chili, and a bit of hot mustard, I also added two tablespoons of virgin olive oil, and marinated the meat in the mixture for an hour, then roasted it.
For the Coca Cola BBQ Sauce I poured 0.66 l of Coca Cola into a frying pan, added some salt, pepper, garlic salt, chili, a smaller can of tomato puree, and allowed to boil for about 6 minutes, until thickened.




Red Velvet Cake
I used this recipe. I reduced the amount of sugar used, and left out the oil. I also substituted cream cheese with mascarpone. 

Do you have a favourite American recipe?



Now, here are our favourite recipes of the past year!




  • Coconut-Lemon Chicken Skewers with Fruit (Caribbean)
  • Potato-Rosemary Skillet Flat Bread (Spanish)
  • Flaugnarde (French)
  • Swedish (IKEA) Meatballs (Swedish)
  • Beef Stoganoff (Russian)
  • Sweet Biscuits from Moscow (Russian)
  • Shepherd's Pie (Irish)
  • English Spring Pea Salad (English)
  • Earl Grey Chocolate Cake (English)


    Do you have any favourite recipes from above? Which is your favourite national cuisine? Which is your least favourite?
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Social Media