Friday, 3 June 2016

The Indian Date



I've finally cooked India, and there are only two more countries left! The two that I'm most excited about!
May was the month of both England and India, as I couldn't prepare any meal in April, of that you know.




It was Meatless Monday, and I also wanted to cook something simple, finally, so deciding about the menu was easy this time. I also need to admit that we are not very keen on Indian cuisine, so this also effected my choices.


The Menu:
  • Apple Chutney
  • Bombay Potatoes
  • Chai Lassi


Apple ChutneyI peeled three apples, then cut them into small cubes. I put a tablespoon of coconut oil into a pan, heated it and added some spices: chilli, cinnamon, anise, a teaspoon each. I mixed them all together, then put all the apple cubes into the pan, and simmered it under cover for about five minutes. After that, I poured about 40 ml of water into the pan, and cooked the apples for 8-10 minutes. Afterwards, I added a tablespoon of sugar, and cooked it for another 5-10 minutes.



Bombay Potatoes
I washed 600 g of potatoes, and cooked them in salty water for 40 minutes, then cut them into thick slices. In a pan, I heated four tablespoon of coconut oil, and fried some spices for a minute: a teaspoon of mustard seed, chilli, ginger, coriander, and a tablespoon of garam masala. I mixed in the potatoe slices, and fried them for ten minutes. Meanwhile, I washed about a handful of cherry tomatoes, cut them each into two, then mixed them in, and fried it all for about 3-5 minutes.



Chai LassiI prepared 200 ml of tea, and let it cool. I mixed 300 g of greek yoghurt with a tablespoon of sugar, a pinch of nutmeg and a teaspoon of cinnamon. After the tea cooled down, I blended it together with the mixture, and served it cold.


Do you like Indian cuisine? Do you have a favourite Indian meal?


2 comments:

  1. O gosh, how yummy!! I LOVE this so so so incredibly much! I rarely eat Indian, but you so made me want to eat what you cooked! And that tea looks so yummy!

    Aria
    https://pandaonavespa.wordpress.com/welcome/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Aria! Bombay potatoes are definitely a must, and incredibly easy to prepare!

      Delete

Social Media