Saturday, 5 March 2016

The Italian Date


Our 7th 'destination' was Italy in February, and it's so strange to see how time flies.. I've just started cooking the world for my boyfriend, and it's almost over! Not like I'd be afraid of not cooking any more national dishes after these 12 months are over..
Actually, I'm a little ashamed to show photos, again, as these 'dates' are usually in the evening, and the lighting is just about awful. And I also forgot to charge the battery of my camera, so they were taken with my phone. Pretty sad story.

The Menu:

  • Bruschetta
  • Gnocchi with Broccoli
  • Pizza, that is half Calzone
  • Strawberry Panna Cotta
  • Red Wine (I know, white would have matched it better, but we felt like drinking red wine)



Bruschetta
I sliced a bread, grilled it, then rubbed it with garlic (both sides), put a bit of olive oil on top, some salt and white pepper, than topped it all with grilled tomato slices seasoned with rosemary.



Gnocchi with Broccoli

I cooked 600 grams of diced potato in salted water, then mashed it. After it cooled down, I added one egg, and seasoned it with salt and pepper. I mixed in 170 grams of gluten-free flour mixture, and kneaded the dough. I made a stripe out of it, cut it into small sections, formed them to look more of a gnocchi, and then put them into boiling water for a few minutes, until they came up to the surface.
I boiled a cup of milk, and put in as much greeted cheese and broccoli as I liked, seasoned it with garlic and white pepper. 


Heart-shaped Pizza
I mixed together 300 grams of gluten-free flour mixture, a bit of salt, a package of instant yeast, one egg, 150 ml of warm water, and a tablespoon of olive oil. I kneaded the dough, then let it sit for an hour. Then, rolled out the dough, and used a cookie cutter to create heart shapes. I topped one pizza base with ham, arugula, tomatoes and cheese, then covered it with another 'base'. Baked it for 15-20 minutes, 180°C.

Strawberry Panna Cotta
First, I prepared the strawberry sauce. I cooked together about 150 grams of strawberry and 40 grams of sugar, and added a teaspoon of cinnamon. After it was ready, I poured it into nice glasses.

Then, I brought 250 ml of milk, and 250 ml of whipping cream to a boil, and added some vanilla extract. I mixed together 30 grams of sugar and 4 grams of gelatin in a bowl, then I removed the milky mixture from the stove, and mixed them all together, until combined.
Use a strainer to pour the mixture over the strawberry sauce, and let it sit in the fridge for about 7 hours.

Do you like Italian cuisine? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media