Saturday, 6 February 2016

My Favourite London Movie Locations


This was my third time in London, I tried my best to squeeze as many sights and locations that I still hadn't seen into this two days as possible, yet I still have a rather long list of all the places I need to visit during my next visit to the English capital. I guess it's almost impossible to say that you've seen absolutely everything in this city. 

This time, I also wanted to see some movie locations, so I've searched high and low for lists of such places. 


Agatha Christie: Poirot

I don't know about you, but I really love Agatha Christie's novels, and Poirot is one of my favourite characters. In the series and the films, Whitehaven Mansions was home to Poirot; Florin Court, in real life. I really wanted to see this place for myself!
Hercule Poirot's flat is on the fifth floor, to the left.





Harry Potter Movies

Of course, Harry Potter! I guess this might be a bit boring, as thousands of people visit these places, but I'm also a huge fan, and I really wanted to see all of them. It's only a bonus that most of these are free of charge, and even look beautiful!


King's Cross Station, Platform 9 3/4



This was our very first stop in London, and it took our breath away! We also stood in line for some photos, then went inside the shop, and I wanted to spend all of my money in there. It was magical! 


St. Pancras International



Piccadilly Circus



I need to admit that this is my least favourite sight in London.. yes, it's cool, but it's nothing special to me.
Do you remember this scene from the Deathly Hallows?



Millennium Bridge


I took a really wonderful photo of this bridge, didn't I? But it's the Millennium Bridge, so it has its place here. This is the bridge that the death eaters destroy in the Half-Blood Prince. This is one of my favourite scenes, it's so spectacular!





Leadenhall Market, the Leaky Cauldron


The Diagon Alley is one of my favourite places, and the Leaky Cauldron looks almost that fabulous. Leadenhall Market is one of the most beautiful markets I've ever seen, and we spent some time exploring and admiring it. I'm still under its charm!


Tower Bridge, Big Ben and the Parliament



London turns up every now and then in the Harry Potter movies, with its recognisable main sights.
You might remember this scene.




It wasn't long ago that I realised, my two favourite movies have someone in common. A really special person. A wonderful actor, who made all of these movies even better.
Alan Rickman.




Love Actually

First of all, I could insert that amazing photo of mine of the St Paul's Cathedral here again, but it wouldn't be nice of me.

10 Downing Street

This is where the Prime Minister (Hugh Grant)lives, obviously, but also in the movie. 


Notting Hill



Peter and Juliet live, and where Mark goes to declare his love. You know, in this scene.



 Notting Hill is also where the movie of the same title was filmed. I'm not a huge fan of that one, but I'll need to go back to find the book shop.




Have you visited any of these locations? Do you have a favourite filming location in London?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media