Friday, 15 January 2016

Liebster Award


I was in the kitchen, preparing lunch, when I checked on my phone and saw that I had just received an email from Tanja: she nominated me for the Liebster Award! Again, thank you for that!
You might want to know more about this award - it's given by bloggers to (rather new) bloggers, or those who haven't received the award yet, but would deserve it, so that they get more recognized and it's a good way for everyone to stumble upon great travel blogs they haven't known. If you receive the Liebster Award, you need to answer the questions you were asked by the person who nominated you, then make up 11 questions and nominate some bloggers to answer them. 



Here are my answers to Tanja's questions:



What or who inspired you to start your own blog?

A month before starting my blog, there was a bloggers' round table discussion at my university that I attended because my favourite Hungarian bloggers were invited. It lasted long hours, and inspired me to start my own blog.

Do you have advice for someone who wants to start their blog?


Take one step at a time, and be patient. Your main reason to start a blog should be the fact that you enjoy doing it. Even Rome wasn't built in a day!

What blogs do you follow/particularly like?


I follow numerous travel blogs, and a few DIY-themed ones. My favourites are Hand Luggage Only, The Overseas Escape, World of Wanderlust, Well-Traveled Wife and A Beautiful Mess.

What are your travel plans for this year?


Right now, we're packing for Denmark, then we're going to Sweden, and then England. Apart from these, we don't have anything booked, but we are planning on backpacking Slovakia, travelling to Austria, and Italy or Portugal in the summer, and Prague later this year.

Have you ever done Airbnb?


We were planning on trying Airbnb in Denmark, but there weren't too many good options, as they were either pricey or far from the city centre. I stumbled upon a hostel that is both fairly priced, and well located, so we are saving Airbnb for next time.

Who is your best travel partner?

I love to travel with both friends and family, but the best must be my boyfriend! Luckily, we have the same interests, we think about most travel-related things alike, and we have the same priorities. And, best thing is, he is never upset of me taking literally thousands of photos everywhere!




Is there something you’d never do on your travels? e.g sleep in a tent, eat a scorpion or?

Sleeping in a tent would be great, we are actually planning on doing so. But well, scorpions, insects and snakes are not my favourite things in the world, so I'd be happy to avoid them.

If you could choose any career what would it be?


That's a rather difficult question.. I'd happily be a photographer, even travel photographer so I could also travel the world. But I could also imagine myself as someone who makes the world a better place, and helps as much as she can. Fortunately, what I'm studying at university takes me closer to this goal.

What’s your dream destination?

New Zealand, probably. I adore huge mountains, wonderful nature, beautiful lakes, and I'm really interested in their culture. I'd also say South Africa.

Have you got a pet?


I've got a dog, and two turtles. :)

What’s the best dessert you’ve ever had on your travels?


Well, having desserts abroad as a gluten intolerant on a budget is really difficult, but I hope to get more of them later during my travels. I loved icecream all around Croatia, quality Swiss chocolates like Lindt - A Touch of Sea Salt & Coconut Intense. My boyfriend's choice would probably be cannoli, that he tried in Venice. 





Bloggers I'd like to nominate:

Kate from Enchanting Wanderlust

Aurelie and Eunice from Students n Travelers

Laura from Girl Gone Vagabond

Emma from The Travel Natural

Jenn from Lost in the Right Direction

Kimberley from Kimberley in the City

Kenza from Travel with Kenza


My 11 questions:

What's your favourite place you visited in 2015?

What are your favourite souvenirs or collectibles to buy?

Which is your favourite cuisine?

Do you have a favourite travel movie?

Have you been to Eastern Europe? If so, what did you think about it?

What's the strangest thing you've eaten?

What was the least favourite place you've visited?


Do you prefer the beach or the mountains?

Do you have a favourite book?

What's the hardest thing about blogging?

What's your favourite travel accessory?





Please, let me know when you've answered the questions! Also, feel free to answer them in comments even if I haven't nominated you :)


9 comments:

  1. What's your favourite place you visited in 2015?

    I visited a lot of cool places but Tokyo was probably my favourite! I had never been to Japan before and I found it mesmerizing and the food was amazing; I'm a big fish lover.

    What are your favourite souvenirs or collectibles to buy?

    I'm actually not a big souvenir buyer for myself, but I always try to bring my Mum back something traditional from the countries I visit. My boyfriend and I bought a lovely watercolour in Rome, that hangs in our living room, which I love!

    Which is your favourite cuisine?

    I absolutely love Mexican food. Although I haven't been to Mexico yet, I met a great friend in the States who has cooked me many amazing meals. Japanese is also a close second when it comes to food, sashimi is food of the Gods!

    Do you have a favourite travel movie?

    This is a tough one. One movie that sticks out in my mind is Tracks, the story of Robin Davidson, it was just so inspiring. The Lion Kind is always a good one, as I am desperate to go on a safari!

    Have you been to Eastern Europe? If so, what did you think about it?

    I have been lucky enough to visit the Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary and Slovenia and I loved all of the cities I visited. The architecture is beautiful and everywhere is filled with so much history, it is fascinating. It was a great experience to visit these places - Szechenyi Baths was a personal favourite of mine!

    What's the strangest thing you've eaten?

    When we were in Tokyo in December we were taken to a sushi bar by some locals and one of the dishes we were served was cod sperm! Not a dish I will be indulging in again any time soon, but an experience non the less!

    What was the least favourite place you've visited?

    I honestly don't have a least favourite place, there are just places I like for different reasons. All of my travel experiences have been enjoyable either because of the place itself, the people I've been with or the people I've met!

    Do you prefer the beach or the mountains?

    I would have to say the beach at the moment, but only because I haven't spent much time in the mountains. I'm hoping to change that!

    Do you have a favourite book?

    The Harry Potter series is my favourite, I grew up with these books and they are always my go to stories. I love to read travel related books as well, some of my favourites include The Accidental Adventurer, The Postcard, Shy Feet: Short Stories Inspired by Travel, Wild and My Life on the Road.

    What's the hardest thing about blogging?

    Finding the time!

    What's your favourite travel accessory?

    I love my Kindle. It's so handy for long trips when you don't have space for lots of books. I also couldn't travel without my eyemask and earplugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nomination Barb! I have posted my answers above and I will be posting them on my page soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being so quick to answer my questions, Kimberley! It was great reading your answers. I'm a huge fan of Harry Potter as well, but I'll need to find and read all the other books you mentioned :)

      Delete
  3. Oh no, Lindt is Swiss, not German! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for the nomination Barb ! :)

    I'll be answering the question tomorrow on my blog

    And your dream destination sounds idylic, I'd love to visit New Zealand as well.

    Kenza from http://travelwithkenza.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to read your answers, Kenza! Hope we both get to visit New Zealand soon :)

      Delete
  5. YAY! Thanks for the nomination!! I will definitely post my answers next week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to reading your answers :)

      Delete

Social Media