Saturday, 2 January 2016

2016: Travel Plans and Wish List


Now that I've looked back on 2015, and it's finally 2016 all around the world, I decided to share our travel plans for the new year. There are already several trips booked, and we've been planning a lot more! I'm also sharing a few places that I've wanted to visit forever, and I see a good chance of ticking them off my bucket list, finally.



LAND OF THE VIKINGS AND MERMAIDS

A few years ago, my cousin moved to Denmark for a couple of months, and he sent me thousands of photos, of course - this is where it all started. I've wanted to see the happiest country on Earth ever since then, but I never would have thought that my first flight (that I actually will remember) will be to Copenhagen! We also managed to book an amazing accommodation, in a perfect part of the city, so we're really excited to go. And well, doesn't it sound interesting after knowing that it's the happiest country, and famous for vikings and mermaids?!
 Have you been to Copenhagen? Do you have any favourite spots there? Would you recommend going to see the deers in Dyrehaven?



LAND OF KÖTTBULLAR

We don't want to see only one country in Scandinavia, so we added another destination to our trip: Sweden! We won't spend too much time here, but I've been looking high and low for places to see, to make the most of our first Swedish trip. Turns out, IKEAs are far from the city centre, so it's not likely we're going to any of them.. that's a bit of a disappointment, even if people don't usually go to Sweden to see an IKEA. What else would you recommend?



LAND OF ROYALS AND TEA

Do you remember my story? I was about seven, when I decided to fall in love with this country hopelessly, and visit some time. In 2009, I finally saw it for myself, spent there ten amazing days, and knew that I wanted more. A year later, I was surprised to get another chance to go, and explore more of it - I spent another ten days here, saw much more, and got to love it even more. It wasn't half a year ago that I wrote on the blog about how much I wanted to go back, and that I was sure about visiting again - I didn't have a clue, then, that it would happen so fast! I can't wait to show him this amazing place, and get him fallen for it as well. England, here we come!
We'll spend most of our time in London, so do you have any favourite places, off the beaten path?

A CAPITAL BORDERING TWO COUNTRIES

I've been to this city before, but it was so long ago, I really want to go again. It's so special to me for a reason, and eventhough I've spent some time here, I still feel like I have a lot more to explore. Amazing castles, cute alleys, a huge river, and sooo much history! It's Bratislava, and we can't wait to go back!
Have you been to Slovakia? Do you have favourite places in the country, or even in Bratislava?




WISH LIST

There are some places we really want to see, and are budget-friendly, so it's only a matter of time that we pay a visit. We've been planning a lot lately, and there are several destinations from which we will need to choose and visit as much as we possibly can.
If you've been to any of these places, share you opinion of them below!


Graz, Austria

Innsbruck, Austria

Wels, Austria

Plitvice Lakes, Croatia

Prague, Czech Republic

Athens, Greece

Petra, Jordan

Amsterdam, The Netherlands


Lisbon, Portugal

Soca Valley, Slovenia

Trapani, Sicily, Italy




What are your travel plans for 2016? Do you have anything booked, yet? What's on top of your wish list? 

14 comments:

  1. You're going to love Denmark and Sweden!!! Which cities do you have in mind for the latter? And no, don't visit an IKEA, haha! There's so much more to the country :) Let me know if you need any tips for planning that big Scandi trip though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your help, you're awesome! As we're spending most of our time in Denmark, and only a little in Sweden, I only have Malmö in mind yet, but I'm still thinking and planning :)

      Delete
    2. No problem! I love to help! Lund and Limhamn near Malmö are pretty gorgeous if you don't want to travel far from Copenhagen ;)

      Delete
    3. Lund looks amazing! Hope we can make it there :)

      Delete
  2. Some amazing destinations you have on your list! I'd love to explore some more of Europe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend you see some more of Europe! There are some hidden gems, especially in Eastern Europe, that you'd never expect, and could easily take your breath away :)

      Delete
  3. I am super impressed at your booking skills already - my thoughts are a little more pie in the sky 😉
    I'd love to have your Copenhagen recommendations once you've been!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! As I prefer spontenaneous trips a lot more, I can't even remember if I've ever booked this much in advance. I'll surely share a lot about my Scandinavian trip, I'm soo excited :) Do you have favourite places in London?

      Delete
  4. I went skiing in the High Tatry Mountains in Slovakia in early 2015 and LOVED it! Such an awesome country with amazing scenery, food, and so cheap!

    C x | Lux Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds great! Thanks for the recommendation, hope we can make it to the High Tatry Mountains this year :)

      Delete
  5. I have a few posts on Copenhagen here: http://www.twofeet-oneworld.com/tag/copenhagen/ I absolutely loved it! Good luck with your travel plans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jessi! I've read your posts on Copenhagen, they were really useful!

      Delete
  6. What a great wish list - it is refreshing to see some different and interesting places on there! Petra I would love to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anna, glad you like it! Hope we both manage to visit Petra one day!

      Delete

Social Media