Friday, 13 November 2015

The Turkish Quarter of Budapest



Now that it's been a lot warmer than it usually is in Budapest, in November, I thought about showing you a lovely little place in the capital!
Most tourists don't know (and there are even locals who don't have a clue!) about a magical little corner in Budapest, well-hidden on the Buda side, that is an adorable little Turkish quarter.
 Hungary has tons of Turkish monuments, due to our history, and the long ages spent together with them in our country.




Most of these monuments are spas or some bath, but this is an exception! It's the tomb of Gül Baba, which was built in the 16th century, surrounded by a fascinating rose garden, and it even serves as a viewpoint!





I'd recommend you visit this tiny place in the summer, because then the flowers and plants are blooming and are in a vibrant colour, cheering you up and the whole place.
 The narrow street, Gül baba utca, that leads up here, is a most adorable place with lots of cobble stones and cute little houses. From up here, your view of the city is fantastic, and you will instantly fall in love with both Budapest and the Tomb of Gül Baba.




I really love all those little details one can find here, and all the wonderful colours and pieces of art.
 Best about this place is that it's free to enter!



 I have to admit, even as a local, I've only been here once, but I can't wait to go back! As I get my camera fixed, one of my first things will be to take winter photos of the place and take some portraits.

 

After this trip, we walked down to the river Danube, and hopped on a boat to see the beauty of the summer in the city from among the waves. :)


2 comments:

  1. O noooo! I totally missed it when I went to Budapest. Damn. Thank you so much for teaching me something new: now I really want to go there!

    https://pandaonavespa.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, then, you totally have an excuse to come back here, Arianna! Hope you'll soon be able to see this magical place :)

      Delete

Social Media