Thursday, 19 November 2015

The Swedish Date ... and revealing a secret!



I have a thing for IKEA, and I can't deny it. I love their food, I love their drinks, I love their furniture and design, I love their amazing candles, I love the way I feel when I'm at the store. I will totally spend a day there, having fun, and not get bored!
Can you imagine sitting in front of a huge window, watching the snow fall, smell cookies, and eat some wonderful dishes, while surrounded by some amazing furniture? Well..



Before my gluten intolerance, I was so madly in love with köttbullar it's crazy. I still miss it very much! Ever since I can't eat them, I feel a kind of sadness when at IKEA, because the person I'm with will totally eat köttbullar..
 Don't get me wrong, I still get to enjoy their cranberry juice, the wonderful almond cakes, their salads, especially their shrimp salad, and everything gluten-free.

 Now that it was the Swedish turn, I decided to do something quite big. I prepared gluten-free meatballs, with home made cranberry sauce and brown sauce! I also made some chocolate mousse, and my boyfriend surprised me with punsch-rolls. Isn't he awesome?


 The Menu:
  • Swedish meatballs - Cranberry sauce and brown sauce
  • Mashed potatoes
  • Chocolate mousse
  • Punsch-rolls



I used 0.5 kg of minced meat, added one finely chopped onion, one egg, some nutmeg, ground pepper and salt. I crumbled 5 thin pieces of crackerbread into a bowl, then poured about 0.7 litre of milk on it, and let it soak. Then, I mixed the mixture in with the meat, and let it soak for about 10 minutes.

 After that, I prepared small meatballs, then put them into a large frying pan with some butter, and fried them for about 8 minutes.

 After all of the meatballs were ready, I poured the fat out of the frying pan, but kept the small remains of the meat. I started to reheat the frying pan, added a tablespoon of rice flour, and started stirring. Meanwhile, I poured 0.1 litre of broth into the pan, added two tablespoons of butter, and half a cup of sour cream. After bringing it to boiling point, I let it cool down, and it became some of the most wonderful sauces I ever tasted!




 I prepared the chocolate mousse according to a recipe card I brought home from IKEA. 
I melted 100 g of chocolate, then added 4 tablespoons of strong coffee. I stirred in 3 egg yolks, and whipped the egg whites. I mixed these two carefully, then let it sit in the fridge for an hour. I decorated it with whipped cream and lemon zest.


I can't share the recipe of the punsch-rolls, because I don't know it, but it was really delicious!



 And why Sweden was so important for us?

 Yes, because that is one of our next destinations in January! Can you guess the other one? Have you been to Sweden? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media