Saturday, 24 October 2015

The German Date: Oktoberfest at Home


I chose Germany to be October's country - of course, because of the Oktoberfest!
Before I got to know about my gluten intolerance, I really wanted to go to München and enjoy the Oktoberfest. Now that I'm not allowed to drink beer, eat pretzels, bread, gingerbread and 'apfel strudel', I prepared all these things for myself, gluten free!


On a Monday afternoon, I did some shopping, then started cooking and baking.
We had a 'picnic' in my bedroom again. :)

The Menu:
  • Frankfurters with Mustard
  • Apple and Potato Salad (apple, potato, cheese, mayo)
  • Beer-battered Onion Rings (I used ginger ale instead of beer)
  • Apple Crumble Pie with Vanilla Sauce
  • Gluten Free Soft-Pretzels


 I won't share recipes with you, as there is nothing special about what I made.
Here are some photos to show you what our German date was like!





Have you ever been to Oktoberfest?

2 comments:

  1. cute idea to theme each month! perfect for october :) and looks so tasty!! thanks for sharing!

    xo welltraveledwife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emi!! They were very delicious, I was proud :)

      Delete

Social Media