Thursday, 17 September 2015

The French Date





September's national cuisine was the French! I was really excited for this one! Luckily, it turned out amazing, and I also managed to surprise him with the date night.
 According to my plans, this date was going to be set outside, but the weather was really cold, so we had the picnic inside instead. As we were also going to watch Midnight in Paris, I dressed for the '20s.



The Menu:
  • French Garlic Soup
  • Cheese Fondue
  • Flaugnarde
  • White Wine



French garlic soup 



I grated 10 cloves of garlic, and put them into 1/2 litre of boiling broth. After a few minutes of cooking, I added 180 ml of light cream, 180 ml of milk, and a spoonful of thyme. I cooked it for another 5 minutes, then added some salt, pepper and 120 ml of dry white wine. I served it with toast with cheese on top (or crouton).





Cheese fondue 


I rubbed the walls of the pot with garlic, then poured 200 ml of dry white wine into it. I grated 500 g of cheese (of your choice, I used Edam, smoked cheese, Parmesan) and 3 cloves of garlic, then added it to the boiling wine to melt. I added some salt, pepper, and nutmeg to taste. 

I served it with apple slices, slices of dry baguette, grapes, but we also like to eat it with chocolate, popcorn and carrots.



Flaugnarde


I whipped three eggs, added 45 g rice flour, 60 g sugar, 20 ml of milk, vanilla extract, a pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg and clove. I mixed in 2 teaspoons of rum, and a bit of lemon juice.

I grated four medium-sized apples, added it to the mixture, then baked it in the oven at 180° (about 30 minutes).






Do you have a favourite French dish?

3 comments:

  1. I also wanted to try a gluten free cure! but it is sooo hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also wanted to try a gluten free cure! but it is sooo hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm gluten intolerant, so I have no choice.. but I think it's only the beginning that is hard, after a while you get used to it, and start to feel soo much better!

      Delete

Social Media