Thursday, 3 September 2015

Love Story: Falling for England


awesome editing skills
When I had to think of a place I can't get out of my head, I had a really hard time. I've been in love with England for so long, but Austria is the apple of my eye, and I leave a bit of myself in every country I go. So many photos of places I've seen flashed before my eyes, but I finally made the decision.




I remember watching a cartoon set in England, as a child. Some fancy houses, fresh milk and newspaper in front of the door every morning, picnic in the garden.. that's where this story started. 
 A few years later, I got a chance to travel to this wonderful country. I spent a few days in London, and lots of time in the towns where time stopped, and I felt like I went back in time.

 The smell of grass and rain, the sight of red brick walls, amazing flowers, bodies of water, the taste of tea, the feeling of being where I need to be.





 A year later, I returned and did my best to see even more of this great country.. I succeeded! 
There's only one thing I regret about this time: I couldn't take too many photos, as I had a really poor camera, and as I didn't collect postcards back then, I only have one postcard of England - I think I need to go back!



Is there a place you can't get out of your head? 

11 comments:

  1. I think you most definitely need to go back!!! I have the very same love for England that you do, and I love how you say it's as if you went back in time, because there are so many towns like that in England...
    I love it, it's forever in my heart,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tammy! I'm so glad someone finally feels the same way! There are so many magical towns in England, hope that we both can explore more of them in the future :)

      Delete
  2. England is soo nice! Maybe the only place where I feel at home instantly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I also have that feeling, it feels so nice and cozy!

      Delete
  3. England is soo nice! Maybe the only place where I feel at home instantly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have that England love. It's a country that captures hearts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erin! I totally understand how you feel! It's a wonderful country :)

      Delete
  5. Britain has a strange way of tugging on people's heartstrings, some magical formula!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Even as I cross the border, I can feel the magic surrounding me!

      Delete
  6. It is so easy to fall in love with England!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's for sure! England has something to offer to everyone!

      Delete

Social Media