Saturday, 29 August 2015

The Capital of Europe



I've been to Brussels several times, fortunately. Eventhough some of my friends were disappointed by it, I still got to like this city.
As Vienna, Brussels also enchanted me with its architecture. Lots of old, unique and ornate buildings, but at the same time, the city is really modern, clean, and has lots of green space, fortunately. :)



I also have some 'surprise' for you in this post - I've just found some family travel photos from the 1970s, and there are also photos from Brussels! So you will be able to compare the Belgian past with the present :)



 As you walk the cobble stone streets, which smell of chocolate and waffles, you will instantly feel wonderful. Lots of street artists, sculptures, cute houses, tall buildings, and an amazing atmosphere!




back in time




I would recommend tasting some Belgian chocolate - it's simply perfect! Luckily, you can taste a few of them for free in some shops.
 If you're not gluten intolerant, try some waffles and crepes as well :)






back in time

Do you have a favourite Belgian city?

4 comments:

  1. i agree! brussels is under-appreciated! :) have you been to bruges?
    lovely picture.. xo
    welltraveledwife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emi! I haven't yet, but can't wait to go to Bruges :)

      Delete
  2. I agree with your friends! Brussels is a beautiful city, but I don't know, there is just something that makes me think that this would not be my city and Antwerp impresses me more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to explore more of Belgium soon, and I have a feeling I would prefer Antwerp to Brussels as well :)

      Delete

Social Media