Saturday, 2 May 2015

My Favourite Books


Because I really like to read, and in the summer, I'll have more time for this, even on the road, I've collected some books I'd like to read or would definitely recommend.
I'll list both books that I've read and really liked, and books that I haven't even purchased, yet. :)
Fortunately, or unfortunately, I prefer paper-based books, and the older, the better! 


That's why I like to get my books second-hand, even from second-hand bookshops, and 100 bonus points if it's in the original language (English or maybe Spanish). 


It's almost unnecessary to mention the Dan Brown-books.. I haven't read Inferno yet, but I really liked all the others.. my favourite on was The Lost Symbol. They are interesting, exciting, and it's impossible to put it down.


I really loved the Gatsby-movie, so I felt like I needed to read the story.. honestly, I haven't really said anything like this, but the movie was somewhat better, in my opinion.. but I still liked the book!

Szabó Magda is one of my favourite writers ever, I adore her style, and I couldn't put down any of her books. I really don't know if you can purchase her books abroad, but if so, I would recommend Régimódi történet, Mózes egy, huszonkettő, Az ajtó.. guess this following section is not very useful for foreigners, sorry.


I've read Aranyeső (Éva Janikovszky) and Születésnap (Magda Szabó) for several times, and I still can't get bored of them!


I haven't read the Dubliners yet, but I can't wait to read it! I bought this and some others before the language exam, to practise, but I run out of time and this one was left behind.. I guess I might take it to our next trip :)

I also like the style of Gabriel García Márquez. I hope that I'll be able to read Love in the Time of Cholera this summer.. if I'm courageous enough, I might read it in Spanish. :)Several people have recommended me the Fall of the Giants by Ken Follett. People who know me well.. first world war, history.. it's on my list!Oh, world war.. The Diary of Anne Frank, The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne, and of course, The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (I just love the film made of it!). Hopefully, I'll be able to hold back my tears..


Of course, Agatha Christie. I love her murder-stories, especially Poirot's cases. My favourite is And Then There Were None, and I also really like Peril at End House, A Murder is Announced, Three Act Tragedy, Five Little Pigs, The A.B.C. Murders. Hopefully, I'll be able to read more of her books this summer :) 

I'm also interested in the following books: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (Ken Kesey), Pollyanna (Eleanor H. Porter), To the Lighthouse (Virginia Woolf).



This one is a bonus - I received it from a friend from the Philippines, who liked it a lot. I haven't found out much about it, but I'm curious!



What would you add to the list?

2 comments:

  1. Nagyon klassz a listad! Tetszik, hogy sokfelet es klasszikusokat is osszevalogattal!
    Idegen nyelvu konyvet en a bookdepositorytol szoktam rendelni, itt nincs postakoltseg.
    Meg van meg a bookstation.hu, innen neha mas nyrlvu antikvar konyveket veszunk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Örülök, hogy tetszett! Köszönöm a tippeket, kipróbálom őket :)

    ReplyDelete

Social Media