Sunday, 5 April 2015

An Almost-Disney Castle in Székesfehérvár



The other day, we travelled to Székesfehérvár, to explore Castle Bory. I still don't understand why this place is not widely known.. it's such a wonderful place!
Eventhough it's far from the city centre, you can get there easiliy,  even by bus, and see other sights of Székesfehérvár in the meantime, for example the Soviet military cemetry, or the various churches.:)


As we arrived at the castle, I was instantly under its charm! It's such a magical building, built in an extraordinary style. Its huge garden is one of the most perfect ones I've ever seen, full of flowers, trees and bushes. Unique sculptures make the garden even more special.



















Inside the castle, you can see a wonderful art exhibition. It mainly consists of paintings and sculptures, it took as a while to see them all, as we admired them for hours. 



I was really happy to climb the tower of the castle, because the spiral staircase was a piece of art in itself! Though, the view from up there is nothing special - just saying, so that you don't get disappointed!



What I loved most about this castle was that there were tiny details everywhere, and I had lots of fun trying to explore as much as I could.









The stones speak


Have you ever been to an almost-Disney castle? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media